Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation's toughest threats.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Security Engineer to support this DHS SOC Support Services Program.
The Senior Security Engineer will need to be a multi-disciplinary focused, self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The Senior Security Engineer works with an internal, multi-disciplinary team to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The Senior Security Engineer will help design, develop, and implement technology solutions along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. In addition the Engineer will be expected to provide mentoring and task assistance to junior team members.
- BS in STEM or related field and 8-12 years cybersecurity/Systems engineering/software engineering/System administration.
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- 8+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
- Experience with 3+ of the following areas
- Implementing STIG / NIST / OSCAP frameworks on RHEL 7.X
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- RHEL 7.X security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Splunk Administration
- Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience with system engineering and network and system administration as related to orchestration and automated deployments
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments with the tools such as GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite.
- Experience with Direct Customer Engagement
- Experience with Requirements Identification and decomposition
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on Ansible experience
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Hands on OpenStack Experience
- Mastery in applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
- Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant cloud systems
- Experience with system engineering cloud services based on data, compute, database and cybersecurity requirements
- Current security clearance (Secret or TS/SCI), or existing EOD with DHS.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.