The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for an experienced full stack software developer to modify existing GOTS code and integrate open source software solutions for display and analysis in front end social media analytics system
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve using cloud computing expertise to provide the system administration and modification of existing GOTS code to integrate open source software solutions for display in a web application. This role includes Node.js application development within Angular and React frameworks, using various open source packages for visualization and data filtering and code modifications that shall apply best practices in unit and build testing. Other duties include working with .js libraries to include d3, dc, Leaflet, bootstrap, and crossfilter. This role includes documentation of new and existing functionality within software version control repositories (gitlab) and utilizing DevOps principals and tools (Jenkins) to deliver new features within an Agile construct
- Requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of related experience.
- Must currently possess active TS/SCI clearance with ability to pass a Polygraph post hire
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with unit testing, continuous integration tools, and git version control
- 3 years of experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with AWS cloud formation templates
- Experience with elastic map reduce
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef, or Ansible)
- AWS Solutions or DevOps certification
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.