Leidos Defense Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) is searching for a Cyber Chief Architect.
This role entails the overall responsibility of maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs for the management and operations of an enterprise of network services contracts. These contracts serve the Department of Defense with the objective of building a common approach to administration and cyber security for disparate agency’s common IT services. The Chief Cyber Architect is responsible investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. In addition, duties may include designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
- The role will entail participation in the overall formation of the program solution and offer.
- This role also involves collaboration within the operational unit on related programs and throughout Leidos to leverage experience and resources for mission-focused critical network programs.
- Collaborates with the DoD Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Provides technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
- Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- This position is located in Maryland with potential travel to various locations throughout the U.S. Candidates who are not in the D.C. metropolitan area must have the ability to re-locate.
- Appropriate degree from an accredited college or equivalent combined experience/ education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- 20+ years cybersecurity experience securing systems, achieving DoD accreditations, and developing artifacts
- 10+ years in a cybersecurity leadership role,
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), to include developing approaches, strategy, and implementation. Demonstrated experience of achievement through customer collaboration, education and advice, leading to accreditation and improved cyber postures.
- Demonstrated experience building customer relationships to enable achievement of objectives with a positive impact on cybersecurity posture.
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Knowledge of U.S. Federal acquisition processes and competitive capture environments
- Familiarity with current and emerging network, security, compute, and end user technologies including, but not limited to automation technologies and approaches, software-defined solutions, site reliability engineering, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
- Demonstrated experience with DoD cybersecurity programs and systems e.g. ACAS, HBSS, eMASS
- Secret level clearance
- DoD8570.01-M baseline certification or ability to obtain prior to proposal submission
- Relevant certifications for Networking and Cybersecurity
- Familiarity with DoD Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS)
- Experience with Comply to Connect (C2C) solutions in DoD
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions, RMF control integrations, and enabling protective measures to enhance defensible capabilities
- Master’s degree
- 12+ years in a cybersecurity leadership role, 5 of which are in the DoD
- Demonstrated experience leading enterprise-level cybersecurity efforts involving architecture, design, development and deployment
- Knowledge of current technologies used for security control reviews, network and security services, including current endpoint security/EDR technologies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.