The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Cloud Architect to provide technical leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. Cloud Architect requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures.
The Cloud Architect will serves as lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud migration plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
- Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS GovCloud/Public Cloud) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection of Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Leading lega
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with AWS public cloud.
- Experience designing and guiding implementation of an enterprise-grade Kubernetes container platform, such as Red Hat OpenShift, D2iQ (Mesosphere) Konvoy, Docker Enterprise, or Rancher.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) operations and tools, such as GitLab, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline, automated testing, automated security scanning.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture and core services.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevSecOps
- Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, Azure, or CLOUD+
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8-10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years or prior relevant experience.
- DHS customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
- Experience with AWS GovCloud.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience.
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Splunk, Splunk Processing Language (SPL), setting up Splunk dashboard
- MarkLogic multi-modal database (NoSQL)
- cy application cloud readiness assessments
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.