Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Mainframe Specialist in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will provide security administration support for mainframe Information Assurance (IA) support tasks. The Mainframe Specialist will provide administration and maintenance of mainframe security issues and resolve those issues, including issues conveyed through the mainframe hosting facility and Department of the Navy (DON) Service Desks.Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide resolutions, in the shortest time possible, to minimize any customer downtime or work stoppage.
- Produce operational metrics and analysis to improve the enterprise mainframe customer’s experience and reduce Help Desk calls.
- Work on security relating to mainframe applications to optimize their use and impact.
- Assess impacts and provide security recommendations for DON action.
- Provide technical advice and assistance relative to Department of Defense (DoD) IA Certification and Accreditation.
- Process DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements.
- Maintain documentation related to mainframe IA tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Perform tasks utilizing SDSF, ROSCOE, ETrust Top Secret Cleanup, ADABAS/Natural Security and terminal/printer (3270) Emulation Software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
Five to nine (5-9) years of experience with mainframes and IBM mainframe operating system software z/OS/MVS, Job Control Language (JCL), TSO, ISPF and CA Top Secret software.
Must possess DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification within six (6) months of employment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.