Leidos is seeking a Warehouse Operations Lead for a next generation purchasing, secure supply chain management, and material handling solutions project supporting our partners in the Intelligence Community (IC). As part of a large scale IC program, leverage your expertise to transform the end-to-end supply chain environment using the latest technical innovations to increase efficiency, provide superior service, and exceed partner expectations. This is a large scale contract with a 7 year period of performance and an incredible opportunity to join our Leidos team! The work will be performed in Northern Virginia.
- Oversee the logistics, warehousing, shipping, receiving, delivery and disposal of government assets. Ensure all contract staff follow tasking and prioritization provide by the customer and in accordance to the contract. Provide the customer with staffing, subcontractor management, configuration management, risk management plan, safety plan, reports and reviews, value engineering and security requirements.
- Responsible for managing a mid-sized team consisting of experienced warehouse professionals.
- Responsible for leading, directing and reviewing the work of team.
- Provides input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Must be knowledgeable in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics.
- Must have advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- A minimum, Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing warehousing and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience with the full life-cycle of customer assets.
- Demonstrated experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions
- involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
- Demonstrated experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical sponsor components to schedule outages, request hardware or software changes and report outages.
- Demonstrated experience supporting customer projects and experience working with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 5 years related Program Management experience with procurement/supply chain management
- ASCM and/or ISM supply chain certification(s)
- Experience managing tools and purchases and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems.
- A strong understanding of Agile development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.