The Defense Group at Leidos has contingent openings for Field Service Technicians to work Afghanistan. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the Base Expeditionary Targeting Surveillance Systems – Combined (BETSS-C).
- Execute BETSS-C equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance in both garrison and field environments.
- Make direct liaison with active US Army, US Army Reserve, and US National Guard units to conduct operator and sustainment level maintenance.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Conduct equipment shelf life management, configuration management of software and hardware, and calibrations.
- Interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Responsible for tracking assigned maintenance activities and keeping the journeyman-level FSTs appraised of progress and issues.
- Will ensure all intervals of preventive maintenance are completed as scheduled and all corrective maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enters all maintenance actions into the applicable work order tracking systems and works closely with the logistics support personnel for tool, consumable, or replacement part requisitioning.
- Responsible for guiding and training junior FSTs.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Load and unload trucks, receive materials, wrap, label, and ship equipment and supplies.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for BETSS-C equipment.
- Conduct shelf-life and warranty management for BETSS-C equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Associates degree and 3-5 years of relevant technical experience; or 6 years of relevant technical experience in lieu of degree.
- Relevant and recent BETSS-C systems training and maintenance experience at the intermediate-level.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.