Senior Project Manager/Electric Utilities – Honolulu HI
Leidos Engineering is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage, on behalf of our electric utility client, multiple utility-scale renewable interconnection projects. While the projects are located in Hawaii, the Senior Project Manager does not need to reside in the State; however, regular trips to Hawaii – of up to 2 weeks in duration per month – will likely be required.
The Senior Project Manager will work alongside the utility’s planners, engineers, Operations staff, and other internal and external project stakeholders.
• Plans, organizes, and manages all project tasks associated with budgeting, design, approval, procurement, construction, placement in operation, and closing of projects. Provides project leadership and work direction and secures commitment from project team members in meeting project milestones. Ensures team members have all resources, information, and direction necessary to successfully perform their jobs. Evaluates progress and performance of project team members and implements personnel actions necessary to accomplish project objectives including recognition, redirection, recruitment, and replacement of team members.
• Develops necessary strategies required to meet project goals. Makes early identification of potential problem areas. Solves problems to ensure attainment of project goals. Redirects design, purchasing, permits/approvals or construction to prevent or minimize constraints or actions which may delay schedules or add costs to projects. Conducts inspections of construction sites as necessary.
• Serves as the focal point for all project related matters. Works with and through community groups, neighborhood boards, government agencies, the media, other utilities and private companies, the City Council, the State Legislature, and the PUC to disseminate information, address concerns, obtain permits and approvals, and resolve project-related problems. Prepares and provides testimonies and presentations at internal strategic meetings, public meetings and regulatory hearings as necessary.
• Develops and maintains project schedules. Prepares and presents project progress and cost reports internally and externally as required.
• Ability to develop/maintain strong positive relationships with leaders and members of the community and government.
• Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and strategic direction.
• Ability to conceptualize new ideas quickly.
• Must have a current driver's license in order to drive to off-site meeting locations and construction sites to conduct inspections.
• Required a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance and 8+ years of prior relevant project management experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Relevant experience as a project manager, construction manager, designer, or engineer, with large complex projects, preferably within the electric utility industry
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical discipline or certified as a Planner by a nationally recognized professional society such as the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from a nationally recognized organization such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) is highly desirable.
• Experience with regulatory, social, public affairs (neighborhood boards, community groups, government agencies, political leaders, media, etc.) processes involved with land use issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills to direct, influence, motivate and persuade various groups or individuals.
• Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive issues while using tact, courtesy, and discretion.
• Supervisory/leadership skills and abilities to work with a variety of individuals occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult or confrontational issues and the ability to handle such issues with professionalism by using tact, courtesy, respect and discretion.
• In-depth analytical, computational, organizational and time-management skills to handle various projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage people at all levels within an organization.
**Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firm.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.