Leidos is seeking a Senior Software/System Architect. This role may be worked remotely from your home office within the United States. The qualified Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture.
Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p. Central Standard Time
This position is responsible for working as part of an agile team to quickly asses existing systems and application attributes to make sure that we are effectively monitoring infrastructure, end-user experience and other attributes to determine the overall health of the system/application components. This can include LAN and WAN utilization, system/application availability, round trip latency or response times for accessing the business system or performing any of the critical business transactions. The VA is currently modernizing their Electronic Health Records (ERH) system and dependent systems. It is important that we monitor, report on system and application performance of existing systems and applications, provide the necessary insights to assess any system vulnerabilities and or unanticipated actions as we bring up new systems and retire legacy systems during key cut overs. To do this we must have consistent tools, techniques, process and policies in place to assess the current state, predict the future state and provide end-to-end event monitoring, reporting and analysis. Integration with the VA Service Now trouble ticketing system is critical to making sure that event triggers and system alerts are quickly identified, corrected and prevented from future occurrences. Designing and developing Single Pane of Glass (SPoG) visualizations of the communications infrastructure and critical business systems, application and their associated critical business transactions will provide a consistent view into the overall health of the infrastructure, systems and application that allow the VA to deliver health and financial benefit to our Veteran population.
- Able to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Must have extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal Government requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Must have experience with one or more of the following tools: Splunk, Elastic, AppDynamics, SolarWinds, Intrascope, Dynatrace, Aternity and/or other data analytics, monitoring, end-user experience and system/application monitoring and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with key performance metrics, system baselines, event monitoring and alerting, integration with trouble ticket systems such as Service Now.
- Extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Desired Skills: Prior work with critical business systems for government agencies delivering health benefits to large populations nationwide.
- Prior VA experience and recent VA credentialing (e.g. recent on-contract work). Understanding of VA critical business systems for delivering Veteran health and financial benefits. Ability to quickly assess and understand critical business systems and associated business transactions to report and manage representing the overall application and/or system health.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.