The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Mulesoft Senior Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
As a Technical Architect, The ideal candidate will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the platform, including but not limited to business processes, hosting infrastructure, security, integration to other IT systems with IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level and engage business heads and users.
As a Mulesoft Architect, the candidate will to help design and build integration between multiple on premises and cloud hosted systems. Architect must be capable of understanding business requirements, working with Domain leaders, other Solution Architects and business users to propose an enterprise solution and work close with the technical team to develop and deploy the solution. This position requires experience with middleware suite, including expert level knowledge with Mulesoft, as well as experience in detailed requirements analysis, software design, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and IT program managers to enhance existing business applications and facilitate solutions to meet business requirements
- Assist in architecting technical solutions for enterprise systems using the MuleSoft product suite to drive the value equation and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment Knowledge of SOA
- Design patterns for building middleware systems ground up using Message Routing, Content Enrichment, Message Filtering, Message Transformation, Guaranteed delivery, Message sequencing, Batch message processing, error handling and reconciliation mechanisms.
- Knowledge of Web Services Interoperability, WS-* standards and ability to suggest, criticize and formulate solutions in a multi-vendor and architecture committee meetings.
- Identify, analyze and design integration flows using Mule ESB Anypoint Studio and technically own and manage the process of ensuring on time and on budget build and integration of the various elements of the solution
- Good understanding of integration design patterns & best practices
- In depth experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practices
- Create key architecture documentation and deliverables for specific work streams
- Demonstrate leadership of topics in the architect community and show a passion for technology and business acumen
- Support Train-the-Trainer materials
- Lead team of developers as needed to drive end to end solution.
- Update management team on overall project, risks, and technology issues and propose suitable alternatives.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Solution Architects should be able to access technical feasibility of the proposed solution and foresee implementation risks so they can be mitigate via proposing an re-architecting the solution to eliminate the risk or suggest alternate solution or re-architecting the implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge in delivering a particular solution stack using Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud) with in depth understanding of technical configuration, customization and integration concepts for Salesforce
- Experience as Technical Architect and at least 3-5 years of Mulesoft implementation
- End-to- end business architecture and supporting technical components on Enterprise projects.
- Experience in all different aspects of the technical solution as well as robust business knowledge.
- 5+ years of software development experience. Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementations, with hands on delivery.
- Experience with all aspects of the system implementation process of system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support.
- Experience with design, development and deployment of SOA based architecture for a large organization leveraging multiple COTS Business applications is preferred Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, XSLT, WS-*, SOA/Integration, and API Management technologies and standards Experience with using a JAVA IDE.
- Designed and developed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts including REST-ful and SOAP-based services Designed and developed enterprise services using RAML and REST based APIs Experienced in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Should have experience in Functional Architecture Design.
- Should be proficient in Business Knowledge, Integration & Orchestration, Technical Solution Design, Risk & Quality Management.
- Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis & Software Engineering.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all level of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience providing IT enablement solutions
- Mule certification highly preferred
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with relevant experience.
- US Citizen.
- Mulesoft, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- CBP experience is a plus
- Active CBP BI
- Experience in other cloud technologies like AWS, Salesforce, SAAS is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.