Leidos is looking to hire a Junior Programmer in Fort Meade, MD to join our newly awarded NGEN program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will create web-based, multi-user solutions to document and audit personnel training, schedules, and permissions. Other job duties and responsibilities including:
- Use latest web development technology and practice to provide Government with customized reports and views that reduce management efforts.
- Create access-related work processes and provide Government insight into their personnel groups and permissions.
- Provide extensible searching capability, customized reports and statistics, export features, history/event tracking system, Microsoft SharePoint Web-part integration, and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) integration.
- Use best practices in code development and documentation at an organization’s enterprise level. Manage .NET, SQL server, and ASP.NET applications.
- Operate SQL server 2008 utilizing HTML, CSS, C# and Java Script.
- Assist leadership in determining technical direction of the organization
High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- One year (1) experience in knowledge management.
- Experience with full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience and as well as web development.
- Excellent communications skills are required
- Best Practice Standard certification and an Operating System (OS)/Application certification.
Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Server
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.