Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organiuzation that develops and produces state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the security posture for the information systems that support the development and fielding of a variety of US Naval training systems. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
• Developing and implementing plans and goals in the realm of Cybersecurity. Must have a strong background in schedule development, tracking, and reporting and must be able to clearly articulate changes to plans and potential dependancies.
• Coordinate and supervise daily operations of the Cybersecurity team at the customer location, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock.
• Coordinate and communicate with multiple ISSOs to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies.
• Maintain scheduling of events, meetings, briefings and represent the Cybersecurity team as needed.
• Foster and maintain a positive cybersecurity culture that embraces proactive communication and security with employees, subcontractors, and Government stakeholders.
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the cybersecurity mission, values and culture of the organization.
• Coordinate Change and Control Boards and document meeting minutes and subsequent tasks. Provide feedback and approve all changes from the Cybersecurity perspective.
• Assist with management of Authorization and Assessment processes for multiple authorities to operate across multiple sites.
• Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS within the facility, determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial to these changes.
• Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with periodic inventories.
• Report to the customer base at Fernwood on all Cybersecurity relevant topics, including status of CSWF tasking, state of network security, current vulnerabilities that need to be addressed and status thereof, status of ongoing system accreditations, and any issues or concerns with interfacing with the larger base Cybersecurity team.
• Manage all of the Leidos personnel involved with Cybersecurity at the Carderock site.
• Work with ISSM at the Leidos Fernwood location, collaborating on issues and concerns and keeping each other abreast of the state of security at each site, sharing lessons learned, and applying common solutions whenever possible.
• BA/BS degree. Select certifications may be substituted for the education requirement. Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant with certifications, preferably CISSP or Associate and RHCSA to correspond to an IA Management Level III designation.
• Must have 5+ years of work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Previous ISSO experience
• Linux script development
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and MS Project
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.