Leidos has an immediate opening for a full-time NATO Special Operations Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) and curriculum developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the NATO Special Operations Headquarters as well as other team members for courses and exercises to analyze, develop, and implement solutions related to NATO special operations intelligence at the operational and strategic levels. The successful candidate will be expected to analyze the needs of NATO’s special operations intelligence community and then develop and present high quality solutions for intermediate and senior level personnel. The selected candidate will lead highly interactive training and education seminars and courses as well as support mobile training, exercises, develop doctrine, and other capability development requirements. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform research to support curriculum development and build targeted lessons, practical exercises, and discussions for students who are not native-English speakers. Candidate will be expected to support NATO exercises and readiness events in order to incorporate current lessons observed into curriculum updates. This is position is on a unique, diverse, international, distributed team that offers challenging work requiring a candidate who is technologically savvy and can work effectively alone or collaborate as a member of the team. The successful candidate must demonstrate they are diligent ‘self-starters’ who can excel in a working environment with little supervision in order to meet NATO special operations intelligence support requirements and deadlines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on intelligence support to special operations
- Develop and deliver (instruct) training and educational curriculum based on adult learning and English Second Language (ESL) standards, principles, and procedures
- Serve as a primary facilitator and/or mentor to students or participants during courses, exercises, evaluations, or readiness events
- Prepare lesson plans, teaching plans, lectures, presentations, briefings, and lead discussions for a vast target audience at various levels in multiple environments (e.g. classroom, syndicate, laboratory, exercises, evaluations, events, etc.)
- Develop and maintain technology based course manuals, exercise/training support packages, software tools, handouts, study aids, and assessments as required.
- Collaborate virtually and in person with team members to analyze and design resident curriculum to meet NATO Special Operations School standards
- Ensure course materials are maintained, updated, and improved to remain current and relevant and participate in educational quality improvement activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of the NATO Special Operations Headquarters on training, education, doctrine, exercises and evaluations related to intelligence support for special operations
- Participate in exercises, evaluations or other events, as required, and incorporate observations and lessons learned into curriculum, doctrine, or training
- Conduct research, collaborate, and develop doctrine, publications, and manuals related to intelligence support to special operations and associated skills/techniques
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Citizen of a NATO member nation and have at least 7-10 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or senior analyst at the tactical and operational levels
- Current Secret Clearance
- Previous military/civilian service in at least one mid-level assignment/position in a special operations organization with significant direct experience providing intelligence support to special operations (as a member of a deployed special operations task force)
- Experience as a successful classroom instructor/educator
- Must be skilled in intelligence analysis software, including Analyst Notebook (ANB). This position requires currency with ANB as well as demonstrated ability to teach it to others (additional proficiency with ArcGIS/ArcMap desired).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (equivalent is defined as 4 additional years of relevant SOF intelligence experience)
- NATO/NATO SOF experience (or experience with multi-national SOF operations)
- International and/or NATO SOF training and education experience
- Able to write, speak, and teach in English for and ESL audience, and demonstrate outstanding speaking, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office® suite of automation tools including PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, and SharePoint
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Eligibility for Top Secret clearance
- Master’s degree
- Experience developing training solutions, scenarios, or simulations to aid training, education, mission preparation, or to enhance technical development
- Formal education or experience with adult education, education technology, instructional system design, and/or e-Education
- Experience with Intelligence Exploitation, especially in support of special operations
- Intelligence experience at the joint force command, joint task force, joint special operations task force, and/or special operations component command
- Deployed operational experience in any mid-level operational intelligence position
- Strategic intelligence experience or exposure to civilian intelligence agencies
- Experience with Intelligence Collection Planning and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations
- Experience or qualification with a learning management system (LMS)
- Experience as a solutions architect for e-Education, digital knowledge bases, and digital tools to aid product delivery, education solutions, training support, collaboration, and communications.
- Experience integrating NATO databases and/or family of intelligence analytical tools
Telecommuting is authorized. Travel is approximately 25%, mainly to European locations.
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.