The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Sr.Project Manager to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Project Manager will act as the "Operations Seam Design Lead” to support the multi-vendor/multi-contract (MVMC) service environment to manage, coordinate and collaborate across all Service Providers across all Contracts supporting and providing Services or Operations to the NMCI network to ensure efficient and effective services.
- Ensure that all seams in the NGEN-R MVMC environment are identified and have contractual ACAs in place
- Manage a team of Systems Engineers performing the role of Operations Seam Coordinators
- Ensures that the MVMC seams are invisible to program execution but when problems occur, coordinates and collaborates with the various stakeholders to determine the root cause of the issue and its extent (systemic or localized).
- Coordinate engineering or execution issues with technical teams; contracts issues require coordination with contracts manager or the PMO.
- The result is seamless service delivery, an ever-improved user experience, and reduced risk of disruption to mission support or important technology initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Four (4) plus years of experience managing engineering team
- U.S. Citizen and DOD Secret Clearance
- Specialized experience in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Experience in management of engineering and operations functions across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation
- ITIL V4
- Experience conducting deep dives and assessing Root Cause Analysis resulting in improved stability and operational performance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.