The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Systems Engineer will act as the "Operations Seam Coordinator for IT Service Management” to support the multi-vendor/multi-contract (MVMC) service environment to manage, coordinate and collaborate across all Service Providers across all Contracts supporting and providing Services or Operations to the NMCI network to ensure efficient and effective services with a focus on IT Service Management.
- The Systems Engineer focuses on making MVMC seams invisible to program execution but when problems occur, coordinates with the MVMC Seam Design Lead in engineering and the other Operations Seam Coordinators to determine the root cause of the issue and its extent (systemic or localized).
- Coordinate engineering or execution issues with technical teams; contracts issues require coordination with contracts manager or the PMO.
- The Systems Engineer coordinates and collaborates with NGEN-R team members to ensure that the root causes of seam issues get collaboratively addressed to ensure stable operations and eliminate future occurrences
- The result is seamless service delivery, an ever-improved user experience, and reduced risk of disruption to mission support or important technology initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizen and DOD Secret Clearance
- Specialized experience in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Experience in documenting processes and procedures and creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Experience across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation
- ITIL V4
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL process infrastructure improvements in Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operations.
- Experience conducting deep dives and assessing Root Cause Analysis resulting in improved stability and operational performance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.