Leidos is seeking a Release Train Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) provides support to software development teams and facilitates program level processes and execution, drives continuous development, meets with stakeholders, manages risks and escalates impediments while also acting as a full time chief scrum master for SAFe. This role requires experience in a government IC environment, experience with Lean and Agile frameworks, especially SAFe, and ability to understand and work within budget constraints
- Support software development teams, facilitate program level processes and execution, and drive continuous development.
- Meet with stakeholders, manage risks, and escalate impediments while also acting as a full time chief scrum master for SAFe.
- Drive and be responsible for incrementally developing, delivering and operating one or more SW solutions in a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously review business needs and refine priorities.
- Identify and track metrics to guide the CI/CD process and inform project course corrections.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess experience in a government IC environment, experience with Lean and Agile frameworks, especially SAFe.
- Possess experience in supporting software development teams and incrementally developing, delivering and operating one or more SW solutions in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Possess ability to understand and work within budget constraints and ability to identify and track metrics to guide CI/CD process and inform project course corrections.
- Possess experience in Lean methodologies and as a scrum master for SAFe in supporting software development teams.
- Possess ability and experience to mentor, supervise, and manage team members.
- The candidate must have Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.