Leidos is seeking a Requirements Management Lead who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Systems Engineer to perform as a Mission Lead in a Government IC environment. This role has direct customer communication and is a point-of-contact to support application roadmap design and definition, perform risk management identification and mitigation, and development implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment. This role is responsible for technical planning, coordination between Agile teams and business needs. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Communicate directly with customers and act as a point-of-contact to support application roadmap design and definition, perform risk management identification and mitigation, and development implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment.
- Responsible for technical planning and coordination between Agile teams and business needs including coordination of verification, validation, and fielding.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Work with internal systems engineers and scrum masters to ensure customer priorities are planned through the implementation lifecycle.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems, which includes performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical coordination, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess experience as a Systems Engineer in a government IC environment supporting Mission requirements.
- Possess experience with requirements management, portfolio management, Lean Six Sigma, and other optimization methodologies.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess knowledge and experience supporting application roadmap design and definition, performing risk management identification and mitigation, and establishing development implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment.
- Possess experience in technical planning and coordination between internal systems engineers, scrum masters, Agile teams to ensure business needs are met including coordination of verification, validation, and fielding, and ensuring customer priorities are planned through the implementation lifecycle.
- Possess experience in evaluating alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems that includes performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical coordination, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Possess experience in establishing and monitoring goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Possess ability and technical knowledge for decision making, which may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience interacting in client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Possess ability and experience to mentor, supervise, and manage team members.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
- Black Belt or other certifications.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.