Leidos is seeking a Performance Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role ensures Enterprise IT Services are available according to established metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the performance of network, server, and storage IT components. This role includes monitoring, auditing, responsiveness checks, stress evaluation, capacity analysis, and reporting. Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Ensure Enterprise IT Services are available according to established metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Monitor and analyze the performance of network, server, and storage IT components.
- Monitor and audit Enterprise IT Services; check responsiveness; conduct stress evaluation, capacity analysis, and reporting.
- Examine performance problems and identify appropriate corrective action.
- Analyze trends and recurring performance problems and initiate solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Monitor technology improvements, recommend upgrades, and evaluate alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- Ensure continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- Plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge to monitor and analyze the performance of network, server, and storage IT components on a large project in an IC DoD domain. Knowledge and experience includes expertise to audit Enterprise IT Services, check responsiveness, and conduct stress evaluation, capacity analysis, and reporting.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and experience in monitoring technology improvements, recommending upgrades, and evaluating alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical.
- Possess expert knowledge and experience to ensure Enterprise IT Services are available according to established metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Possess expertise to ensure continuity of operations and disaster recovery of Enterprise IT Services.
- Possess ability and experience in planning and leading major technology assignments, functioning as a technical expert across multiple project assignments, and applying comprehensive knowledge of supporting Enterprise IT Services across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Possess experience in analyzing trends and recurring performance problems and initiating solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Possess experience in mentoring, supervising, and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 8-12 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 6-10 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.