The 363rd ISRW/ST currently has an opening for a System Administrator to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. The contractor will install, troubleshoot, and maintain Windows and Linux servers and other data storage systems. The contractor will also design complex architectures for cloud environments and develop procedures for transitioning applications to the cloud. Will also support the development of data back-up solutions and disaster recovery strategies.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Works to implement solution designs and/or processes.
- Install operating systems and software in Windows and Linux environments
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Coordinate with security personnel to maintain system security compliance.
- Setup and maintain user accounts on systems and cloud consoles/portals.
- Monitor system performance and network communication to identify bottlenecks and recommend solutions to resolve them.
- Design and implement a backup and recovery policy.
- Document system architectures and user policies on internal Wiki.
- Research upcoming technologies and develop plans for implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering. (6 years’ additional related experience can substituted for a degree)
- 10 years of experience in information technology
- AWS Solution Architect Course
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
- 5 years of experience in system administration of Windows and Linux
- Experience supporting Air Force ISR operations.
- Experience using relevant AF systems and databases
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
- Experience working with cloud computing and infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Active TS/SCI government security clearance
- Maintains currency of required ADLS and/or INSCOM trainings
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant (Security +)
- Ability to read, write and speak English
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.