Leidos is seeking a Security Systems Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOps project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role provides, implements, and validates security controls that support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 Security Accreditation as part of an Agile team. Responsibilities include developing architecture documentation and Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews, and coordinating with customer security organizations as part of DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO). Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Provide, implement, and validate security controls that support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 Security Accreditation as part of an Agile team.
- Develop architecture documentation and SSP to support A&A reviews, and coordinate with customer security organizations as part of a DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve ATO.
- Responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction.
- Manage and enforce security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity, and Compliance and Risk Management.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess knowledge and experience with the RMF and ICD 503 Security Accreditation and ability to provide, implement, and validate security controls.
- Possess knowledge of DevSecOps and Agile frameworks and experience in working in these environments.
- Possess ability and experience in developing architecture documentation and SSP to support A&A reviews, and to coordinate with customer security organizations as part of a DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve ATO.
- Possess expert knowledge and experience protecting an organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction.
- Possess experience in enforcing security strategies and policies within established guidelines, which include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity, and Compliance and Risk Management.
- Possess expert technical knowledge and experience in security systems engineering and experience in providing management and technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Possess experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Possess ability for decision making and expert technical knowledge, which may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience interacting in client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Possess experience in mentoring and/or supervising and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves is desired.
- Master’s degree with 10-13 years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.