Leidos is seeking a Security Analyst, Sr. to support a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Task Order. The chosen candidate will be part of a team providing Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) technical support services that accommodate VA’s scope, size and complexity, including enterprise architecture, emerging technologies, networks, mobile, in specialized areas like healthcare, specialized medical devices, cybersecurity, IT Modernization, and large scale architecture. We are seeking specialized technical and security expertise of new technologies that VA is introducing, including merging of Electronic Health Records (EHR), cloud computing, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), specialized networks (i.e., software and security perimeter and defined networks) Internet of Things (IoT), analytic ecosystems, and medical devices. The Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions.
The Security Analyst, Sr., will effectively leverage detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline with a strong focus on conforming to an Enterprise level architectural framework. The candidate should be able to apply security principles, concepts, policy and regulations and be able to pinpoint risks in security systems and work with technical experts to remediate security issues. The Security Analyst, Sr., will identify key concepts, factors and risks, based on various methods of research and customer interactions, and will document these in clear and concise narrative or graphical representations.
This is a remote position that can be performed anywhere within the U.S.
- Assist in planning and strategies for incident management, cybersecurity vulnerability assessment, continuous monitoring, configuration management, change management, risk assessments, system impact assessments, identity and access management (IAM).
- Support development of Enterprise Security Architecture artifacts based on the ESA Roadmap.
- Review and assess system level architectures for security flaws or gaps.
- Support adoption of the ESA roadmap by crafting standards, guidelines, and design patterns that follow the ESA mission and various security frameworks (e.g., CSF, CGS, SABSA).
- Interface with key stakeholders within the various product and security teams.
- MS with at least 5 years of experience in information technology or cybersecurity (15 years or more of total relevant experience may be substituted for education).
- Must possess expertise in areas of Information Technology (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management) for legacy and new health IT digital architectures including cloud, mobile, IoT, APIs, and AI technologies.
- Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 7 years to obtain a VA High/BI Public Trust clearance
- US Citizenship is required per Government Contract.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cybersecurity practices and trends for US Government IT systems and industry
- Familiarity with Information Security Systems Risk Assessment, cybersecurity and privacy risk management processes and practices, vulnerability assessment, system monitoring, etc.
- Advanced IT cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP, CEH, or equivalent) preferred.
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Firm understanding of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts, platforms, and tools.
- Familiar with creating security diagram overlays and updates, determining security requirements, and security mitigation implementation
- Significant experience with applying specific Security and Enterprise Architecture frameworks, standards, and best practices
- VA or other Federal Government IT experience.
- Familiarity with NSA Community Gold Standard
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.