The C4ISR Operation has an immediate opening for a Principal, Subcontracts Administration. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for governance, organizational development and execution of the functions associated with the proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of all customer and subcontractor contracts across the company. Typical duties include: customer and subcontractor contract negotiation, administration and close-out; subcontractor development, sourcing, and subcontractor diversity and cost management; customer and subcontractor relationship management; contract customer-requirement compliance, contract regulatory compliance, DFAR Business System compliance, international and export compliance and subcontract risk management. Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program/family goals and business results. Recommends and implements new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of function’s strategy and operations. Problems are complex and typically impact multiple area or disciplines. Provides measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives. Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project. Works to convince others to accept area’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches. The position requires expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions. Serves as a subject matter expert across Leidos. Education and Experience: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery, quality and service.
- Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out.
- Interface with Contracts Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving, and Program Management.
- Interacts with Supplier's Contract Representative and Executive Management.
- May be a team lead for junior staff members.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Lead the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Perform a cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including strategic agreements.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance, including but not limited to following-up delivery schedule, process invoices and Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRL) and/or resolve any contractual issues.
- Perform subcontract close-out.
- Provide proposal support and prepare a Small Business Subcontracting Plan.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visible and critical tasks simultaneously, excellent organization , negotiations, communication (oral and written) skills, and ability to mentor, motivate and influence staff of varying levels of experience.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- General experience in Subcontract Administration may be considered as a substitute for education requirements.
- Experience with multiple Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting types: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Ability to lead the review and analysis of RFP's, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’s interests during negotiations and subcontract administration.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Familiar with Deltek systems
- International experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.