Leidos provides support to the U.S. Department of Energy Legacy Management Program. The Civil Group has an opening for a help desk/end user technician. Position entails all facets of an entry-level help desk/ end user technician including efficient and professional telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face support of the user population to address requests and resolve computer and telecommunications issues. All activity must be documented in the organization’s trouble-ticketing system presenting the need for effective written as well as verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and assistance where required. Collaboration with other IT support personnel will be required for topics beyond the scope of first level support. This position also includes cross training as a PC support technician to provide backup for that role. Ability to work in a dynamic environment and simultaneously manage multiple tasks to resolution is a must.
- Ability to provide polite, professional, and patient telephone support for a wide-range of technical support needs to a user population representing widely varying levels of technical capabilities.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required software and hardware service via telephone, email, and in-person interaction.
- Provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation software and hardware, networked peripheral devices, and telecommunications services.
- Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all computers, monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Accurately document services provided for all support activities.
- Prepare new and reimaged PCs for local and remote users
- Conduct receiving and shipment of computer equipment.
- Maintain organized shipping, receiving, and computer setup area.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant software and hardware products.
- Lift up to 10 pounds; field work of 10 to 25 percent.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent, plus 0-5 years of experience.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of software and hardware and exposure to assisting others with needs related to the topics.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network operations and PC hardware and peripherals.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems and commonly used software, specifically Microsoft Windows, up to and including Windows 10, and Microsoft Office, up to and including 2016/365.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Help desk support experience is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft, McAfee, Symantec, and Entrust technologies with associated certifications desirable.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.