Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Team is currently seeking a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to support our Army Corps of Engineers IT (ACE IT) contract. Work will be performed at one of the following sites:
Vicksburg, MS or Hillsboro, OR (Preferred Locations)
Hanover, NH; Champaign, IL; Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC or Fort Worth, TX (Alternate Locations)
In this role, you will:
- Perform as the Technical SME in area of cyber threat intelligence.
- Incorporate threat intelligence into countermeasures to detect and prevent intrusions and malware infestation.
- Identify threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures and based on indicators develops custom signatures and blocks.
- Interact with the ACE-IT CIRT for incident response, recovery, and prevention.
- Interact with the ACE-IT SOC and NOC personnel to maximize cyber threat prevention measures, enhance audit and logging standards, and enforce and monitor effective cyber security policies and configurations and security event management within the logging and SIEM infrastructure.
- Implement the core Security Intelligence Center (SIC) concepts (SOC vs. SIC, Cyber Kill Chain, APT)
- Have a strong understanding of the enterprise network and how each component contributes to Security Intelligence
- Have a strong understanding of the tools & techniques necessary to efficiently identify trends and extract indicators from large data sources
- Understand and employ the Cyber Kill Chain
- Know the importance of mitigating adversaries at each step of an intrusion
- Know how to identify and create mitigations for the various steps of the Cyber Kill Chain
- Understand what makes APT threat different than broad-based cyber threats (more examples)
- Know examples of specific intrusion techniques used by APT adversaries
- Recognize what you’ll need to know to prevent or identify APT intrusions
- Understand key networking concepts relevant to the Security and Threat Intelligence processes
- Understand key forensics and incident response concepts critical to the Cyber Network Defense (CND) processes
- Understand analysis techniques when dealing with various storage media, host data and network data with various categories of electronic evidence including media, email, and networks
- Identify network architectures and select network components
- Understand concepts of packet analysis
- Examine different methods of policy creation, implement a security policy and create a policy document
- Navigate the command line using specific expressions to manipulate data
- Handle and organize disparate data about detection, attacks, and attackers
- Discovery techniques and vetting of new intelligence
- Build actionable intelligence from data
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Must possess a current/active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Must hold a current 8570 CSSP Analyst certification
- **See: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
Relevant Experience required:
- Computer network defense technologies and Cyber Kill Chain
- Threat actor TTP and indicator identification using large data sources.
- Custom signature development
- Packet analysis
Desired Certifications and Skills:
- CISSP (or other IAT3 compliant cert), GCTI, GCIH, GCFA, GREM, CISSP, CEH
- Windows and Linux operating systems, ArcSight, Scripting languages (PERL; Powershell, etc),
- Experience with ArcSight/Logger, Splunk, and/or Elastic, FireEye appliances, and IronPort
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.