The Intelligence Group (IG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Quality Assurance Manager to support the CBP’s PSPD contract. This position serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality software product development service is provided to the PSPD customer through the definition, management and tracking of agile Key Performance Measures, and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for transitioning to the Scaled Agile Framework approach, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish working relationships with agile scrum teams, systems engineering teams, and customer leadership teams.
- Ensure Compliance to contract quality and performance requirement and ensure that quality product development is built-in to all engineering processes, methods, and techniques, and tools.
- Ensure, to the extent possible, quality assessment and reporting leverages automated tools including Jira, SonarCube, and other program Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools
- Manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System including the definition and implemention of all program measures on our Program Dashboard using information gathered form IDE code scanners and development tools
- Perform continuous product and process improvement actions to support accelerating agile velocity, reducing cycle time, and lowering detects in production
- Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes.
- Assist agile teams in efficient implementation and use of Jira to automatically measure and report quality and performance measures to the Program’s Portal
- Track, analyze and report to program management trends found in the performance metrics
- Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Conduct agile maturity assessments and develop a continuous improvement plan based on assessment finding to ensure the program accelerates velocity while increasing the level of quality in developed products.
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Other duties as required
- Experience with SW Development Projects in a Quality Engineer or Manager Capacity
- Experience with Jira, Sonarcube, Java, and code scanning tools and techniques.
- Coach and mentor developers and scrum teams in the proper use of quality, security, and performance measures from automated scanning tools that aid in the reduction of defects escaping into the production environment.
- BA/BS degree and 8-12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant Quality Management or software development experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Ability to pass Department of Homeland Security (DHS) extensive background investigation to achieve DHS Security clearance
- Experience managing and developing agile software performance metrics
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with Jira, Fortify, Sonarcube or similar software development tools and code scanners
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt , Scrum Master, SAFe Consultant
- Coaching developers and managers in the efficient implementation of SAFe strategies and techniques for developing compliant and high quality products
- Formal auditor training
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.