The Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening on the ‘Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-Compete’ (NGEN-R) Contract for an Enterprise and Application Services Domain Architect.
This position reports directly to the NGEN-R Chief Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program: NGEN-R. Under the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, seat support services, and data transport. Enterprise and Application Services Domain Architects apply enterprise IT capabilities across the workforce, bringing integrated business value across functional and organizational boundaries to end users at all levels of the Navy and Marine Corps. These services enhance workforce effectiveness and successful execution of the Navy’s mission. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. Domain Architects are considered Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in their Domain specialty and work closely with both Engineering and Operations.
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owning the technical architecture baseline for the Enterprise and Application Services Domain of expertise for the following capabilities (but not limited to):
- Enterprise Web Portal Services, NEN Enterprise Portal, Electronic Software Delivery Services/Packaging/Patching, Above-Baseline Software, Software for NMCI Catalog Hardware, Claimant Requested Software, Assistive Technology Software, Account Services, End User Accounts, Groups, Directory Services, and Authentication and Authorization Services
- Influencing development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results
- Leading the work of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Developing solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Developing high-level technical designs, products, and/or standards in support of the strategy and operations of the Enterprise and Application Services Domain
- Communicating and collaborating with the relevant Navy Prod Owner, Prod Manager, Technical Leads, etc… for the Enterprise and Application Services Domain
- Coordinating and attending Agile sprint meetings to help direct and assist the Engineering Team in solving complex problems and fielding new capabilities for the Navy Customer
- Working with commercial industry vendors, partner labs, and Gov’t labs to evaluate and test new and innovative technologies that satisfy Navy requirements, i.e. AI/ML technologies, etc…
- Decomposing customer requirements and assisting in defining new Enterprise and Application Services technologies, processes, and capabilities for the Navy Customer
- Conducting trade studies, analysis of alternatives, developing high-level designs, and supporting artifacts related to Enterprise and Application Services
- Working with NGEN-R Engineers, Project Managers, and Operations teams to field new technologies and capabilities that improve the Navy’s Networks and increase End-User experience
- Validating and providing inputs and updates to the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) SysML architecture model of the NGEN-R Enterprise and Application Services Domain
- Directing and supporting design reviews focused on Enterprise and Application Services capabilities
- Managing DA capability overlap areas, communicating, and collaborating with other NGEN-R Program DAs
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- DoD Secret Security Clearance w/ability to upgrade to and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Minimum IAT II Certification (must maintain for the duration of the Contract): IAT II certified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m, i.e Security+
- Capability to review requirements, solution capabilities, and operationalize solutions that meet or exceed requirements
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment to successfully deliver mission requirements
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, presentation/briefing skills; ability to interact with internal Senior-level Managers and Senior Navy Customer personnel
- Expert-level working knowledge required, but not limited to: Software Delivery/Packaging/Patching technologies, Web Services Portals, Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2016 and Windows 10), Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory Services, Account and Group Management, Identity Management, Linux OS (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc…), Domain Services (DHCP, DNS, LDAP, etc…), and Automation experience (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc…)
- VMWare Product experience: i.e. vSphere ESXi, vRealize, etc…
- AI Ops and Machine Learning experience (UIPath experience a plus)
- Applicable Domain-Specific, Expert-level Technology certification
- Ability to travel up to 25% including the potential for OCONUS travel
- Recent experience with Navy IT services and NMCI/OneNet
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML experience; Cameo Systems Modeler
- 15-20+ years of IT experience in multiple technical disciplines within DoD environment
- Sec DevOps experience
- ITIL and/or Agile certifications and/or demonstrable experience
- IAT Level III DoD 8570 Certification: ISC2 CISSP
- Microsoft Expert Level Certification(s): i.e. DevOps Engineer Expert, Enterprise Administrator Expert, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc…
- Linux Certifications (i.e. Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS), Red Hat Level Linux Certification (Sys Admin, Certified Engineer, Certified Architect), GIAC GCUX, CompTIA Linux+, Linux Professional Institute, LPIC-2: Linux Engineer, etc…
- Python Scripting, other scripting, programming languages
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.