Leidos is looking to hire a Remedy Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded NGEN program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate and manage all aspects of Information Systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Design and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and perform security updates in accordance with Government directory services procedures.
- Construct analytical models supporting utilization and performance at multiple levels.
- Perform workload sizing for new and existing applications.
- Support the implementation of hardware and software upgrades.
- Design, develop and implement systems to analyze and report levels of utilization and performance.
- Utilize Directory Services providing authentication to enterprise applications and trusted relationships between users, devices, applications, services, and other resources throughout the network.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication. Perform system integration and server installation on various server hardware.
- Perform Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups.
- Perform backup (Disaster Recovery).
- Develop and integrate identity and access management requirements. utilizing ForeFront Identity Manager, Oracle/Sun Identity and Access Management.
- Perform system integration with WSUS (Windows Server Update Services), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, and Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Perform system and database integration with external storage devices utilizing Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs), quota distribution, file sharing, and virtualization specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience using Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Platforms solutions.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Experience writing API code and proficient with Oracle (or other) databases.
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
ForeFront Identity Manager
Oracle/Sun Identity and Access Management
Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Platforms
WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.