As a Systems Engineer, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise. Leidos is seeking varying experience levels for this position to include Junior, Senior, Master and SME.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, Charlottesville VA, Tucson AZ, St Louis, MO or Melbourne FL.
This position will work to support one of three products that provide capabilities 1) for our user’s primary user experience for producing imagery-derived structure data and to enable our users to discover, access and user computer vision capabilities in their workflow, 2) for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders or 3) for evaluating, configuring, and deploying computer vision algorithms into the processing framework.
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases.
- Use historical metrics and determine the level of effort required to perform change-maintenance
- Review modifications, board floor modifications, and Additional Change Documents (ACDs) and provide updated assessments, as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with epics Train product manager, chief architect, systems engineers, MBSE team/POs, and the GPMO to decompose decomposed solution level epics into features
- Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) as well as program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with product leadership and team members
- Understand and leverage an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) opportunities for reuse
- Assist the product leadership and team members in the evaluation of designs compared to requirements and support systems engineering efforts including working with the test team to ensure feature coverage
- Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with the reporting of technical status of product development
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems
- Experience designing, integrating and configuring systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers, architects, software developers, management in the development of complex software systems
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
• Experience with SAFe and Agile methodologies
• Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
• Experience developing testable and executable models using model standards ( information compliance and storage, modeling notations, meta-information storage, tools properties and configurations)
• Translating exploitation requirements into decomposable user stories.
• Knowledge and understanding of OpenLayers/Google Maps/ArcGIS APIs and Google Earth/KML
• Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira, rockchat and confluence
• Experience and domain knowledge related to GEOINT analysis
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
• Experience with software systems integration and incremental software development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.