As a Configuration Management Specialist, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise. Leidos is seeking varying experience levels for this position to include junior, senior, master and SME.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, Tucson AZ, St Louis, MO or Melbourne FL.
This position will execute configuration management services and maintain CM control over deliverables including GFX/CAP hardware and software listings for the program.
- Apply configuration management practices and process in alignment with the SAFe agile methodology
- Identifies configuration items, implements change control, and conducts configuration audits.
- Works on teams to create and maintain product configuration management documentation.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of a product.
- Manages the completion of CDRLs
- Applies CM discipline to launch product systems from initial capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Creates and manages configuration and engineering documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness such as architecture diagrams and interface documentation.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into products and product related hardware/software assets.
- Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards.
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Ensures CM functions are adhered to: version control of configuration items such as documents, as well as the configuration management of hardware and software configuration management items.
- Recommends change management and configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer needs.
- Experience in Configuration and Change Management in a fast-tempo operational environment
- Experience in IT project management.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts verbally and in written format
- Ability to think critically with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, while working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to align and seamlessly integrate configuration and change management controls into the program’s execute approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel,Word, Project)
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Experience with SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira, rockchat and confluence
- Ability to align and seamlessly integrate configuration and change management controls into the SAFe and Agile methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.