Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We are looking for a budget analyst to support one of NNSA’s programs. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise with program planning, budgeting and evaluation (PPBE) for a multi-million dollar, multi-site portfolio of production programs executed at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities for deployment into the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated budget and project analysis expertise and excellent communication skills developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Washington DC.
- Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate and timely budget analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making processes and respond to short- notice what-if inquiries from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
- Preparing program cost and budget documentation covering several budget fiscal years; this includes development of complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings, and issue papers describing the projects, outcomes, and benefits for meeting national defense missions for technology capability development at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities.
- Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of programmatic plans and solutions relative to budget and schedule, and advising whether program budget deliverables conform to requirements.Analyzing, reporting results, and tracking budgetary action items on projects undertaken by the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in nuclear weapon component development.
- Managing annual, quarterly and other periodic reporting requirements, including program reviews, providing financial and programmatic input, and coordinating NNSA site meetings associated with program deliverables
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a program management, finance-related, or science/engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of related program/budget analysis experience including in part such functions as project reporting, cost and budget analysis, preparing work authorizations, and work packages.
- Expertise with PPBE systems.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel including expertise with pivot tables (using and building).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Staff experience in military, government, corporate and/or interagency enterprise.
- Nuclear weapon program experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Tableau Software, and Cisco WebEx
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Leidos supports the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with talented, forward looking, and dedicated teammates. Working together with our federal, military, and contractor counterparts, we make valued contributions to ensuring that programs are successful in achieving the nation’s security goals.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.