Leidos is seeking a This Senior Systems Engineer with DevOps experience. This role is located onsite in Austin, TX. No remote ability.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
This Senior Systems Engineer will provide technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management. The individual will assist in providing technical input to the systems engineering process. Will leads teams in developing application and technical plans. Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
- Implement cloud and on-premise solutions for various application architectures, scripting, databases, and other data services.
- Offer recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Secure SDLC/DevSecOps practices, such as automation, monitoring, and security processes in CI/CD pipeline.
- Perform automated testing for system optimization and compliance.
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevSecOps team members.
- Monitor solution availability, updates, and issues to ensure that teams are kept up-to-date on any changes.
- Provide technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration, and technical management
- Support other team leads to create, implement and apply DevSecOps principles, processes and culture that are consumed by delivery teams
- Lead teams in developing application and technical plans
- Masters Degree plus 10 years of experience or 20 years of experience.
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/SecDevOps environment.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain public Trust clearance. Federal Government requirement
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with AWS public cloud.
- Experience working in a Security role handling on premise and cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, integrating security into CI/CD workflows for everyday deployments.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate(AWS-SAA) is preferred.
- Experience with integrating VA systems such as DMLSS, iFAMS and VistA is preferred.
Required- Must be familiar with the following technology suites:
- CI/CD operations: GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Build automation: Maven, Gradle, Ant, or CI Runner
- Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Splunk's search processing language (SPL)
- Applications/Scripting: Python, Java, Bash Scripting,
- App Frameworks and tools: Kibana, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, CloudFormation, Chef
- Multi cloud management: IBM cloud Pak for Multi-cloud and IB cloud Pak for applications
- Infrastructure: AWS Cloud Computing Environment, Windows 2016, Linux CentOS 7, RedHat OpenShift
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.