Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to work on an intelligence community IT contract in the Reston, VA, area. Cyber Security Engineers are responsible for IT security/vulnerability assessments and managing overall network security through the use of network and security-related hardware and software.
- Conducting network vulnerability assessments.
- Investigating computer and information security incidents.
- Network traffic analysis.
- Configuring and validating secure systems; firewall configuration/maintenance.
- Translating requirements into network security solutions.
- Plan, implement, and maintain network-related products such as routers, switches, VPNs, and firewalls.
- Optimize, audit, and troubleshoot network security-related products/tools.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Cyber positions typically utilize a combination of certifications, education and related work experience in determining the career level. Positions at this career level require BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- CompTIA Network+ (or more advanced/preferred certifications)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.