Leidos is seeking a Service Desk Software Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOps project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role designs, develops, implements, and maintains an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts. This role requires customer support skills and must interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements. This role performs software development activities to ensure requirements are successfully implemented and tested. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts.
- Interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements for customers through direct support.
- Perform software development activities to ensure requirements are successfully implemented and tested.
- Responsible for evaluation, selection, installation, configuration, operation, and administration of the ITSM tools suite.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Perform business process definition and optimization, workflow management, service management support, integration, system testing, metrics identification, and reporting.
- Provide technical and management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess customer support skills to interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements.
- Possess expertise and experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts.
- Possess expertise and experience to evaluate, select, install, configure, operate, and administer ITSM tools suites and ability to evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Possess ability to interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements.
- Possess ability and experience to apply a comprehensive knowledge of Service Desk Software development, implementation and maintenance across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Possess experience in technical and management leadership on major tasks and technology assignments.
- Possess experience in establishing goals and meeting project objectives.
- Possess ability and experience in decision making and applying domain knowledge, which may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience interacting in client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Possess experience in mentoring, supervising, and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.