Leidos is seeking a Service Desk Systems Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOps project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role designs, develops, implements, and maintains an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts. This role requires customer support skills and must interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements. This role performs software development activities to ensure requirements are successfully implemented and tested. Work is performed under supervision.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts.
- Interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements for customers through direct support.
- Perform software development activities to ensure requirements are successfully implemented and tested.
- Responsible for evaluation, selection, installation, configuration, operation, and administration of the ITSM tools suite.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Perform business process definition and optimization, workflow management, service management support, integration, system testing, metrics identification, and reporting.
- Apply fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments performing work that requires practical experience and training.
- Possess customer support skills to interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements.
- Possess knowledge in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining an Enterprise Service Desk IT platform (such as JIRA, ServiceNow, or Remedy) to support ITSM processes and artifacts.
- Possess ability to evaluate, select, install, configure, operate, and administer ITSM tools suites ability to evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Possess ability to interpret business functional requirements from the ITSM team and translate the requirements into software implementation requirements.
- Possess ability to apply Service Desk Systems expertise on work assignments.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.