The Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions group is seeking a Project Manager to lead a highly visible program supporting a large data warehouse and associated tools for a federal Public Health agency.
The Project Manager will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of GIS and .Net software developers, product owners, testers, architects, website designers, and configuration management staff. The team employs agile methodologies, including scrum and Kanban. The Project Manager will be responsible for compliance with HHS policies and mandates such as EPLC, Earned Value Management, security policies, and ADA Section 508.
Specific responsibilities also include:
- Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using the agile framework
- Managing staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments
- Accountable to the customer and Leidos management for the success of the program and team
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Report status to the customer internally and within the Leidos organization
- Oversee execution of tasks and ensure adherence to QA processes
- Conduct recruiting, staffing, hiring and personnel management activities
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs), project schedules and financial forecasts
- Manage and control costs on fixed-price tasks
- Manage subcontractors
- Participate in business development including responding to RFPs, and supporting capture and proposal efforts
- Participate in cross-program teams to advance business area initiatives
- Promote thought leadership and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 or more years of Technical experience
- At least 8 years of managing complex software projects
- Experience developing GIS, BI, data visualization, .net, and SQL applications
- Data warehouse development and maintenance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications for peers, staff, technical experts, executives, and customer stakeholders
- Excellent leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success as a team player within a complex technical work environment
- Experience successfully managing Firm Fixed Price contracts/task orders and subcontractors
- Proficiency with Office Productivity tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile development and Jira
These characteristics are highly desirable:
- Experience working within an HHS OPDIV (NIH, HRSA, FDA, etc.)
- PMP certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.