Leidos is seeking for a Sales Development / Operations Associate!
Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. (DSI) designs, develops, sells, supports and maintains a commercial off the shelf software solution (COTS) to support Customer Relationship Management (CRM) needs of elected officials in Congress as well as government offices across the nation. Our CRM solution, Intranet Quorum (IQ) is the solution of choice for nearly two thirds of the U.S. Congress. This sales position is in support of our contract with the U.S. House of Representatives where we sell and support IQ and related Information Technology (IT) products and services such as data, telephone town halls, IT support, hardware, and consulting services.
The role requires prior experience with Capitol Hill or other elected official environment supporting a CRM and/or IT industry. This position requires with constant vigilance in changes to the marketplace with significant surges of activity that mirrors election and legislative schedules. Candidate will be part of a small sales team and will work with colleagues to match customer requirements with available solutions. The job requires full life cycle attentiveness including outreach, proposal, invoice, collections, and customer satisfaction follow up. Candidate must also be capable of facilitating internal knowledge transfer within organization.
Experience supporting, training, or maintaining customer requirements are required. The ability to master and translate DSI products portfolio to meet customer requirements and fulfill sales cycle from quote to solution implementation is required. The ability to extend the working day as needed to complete sales at certain times of the year (e.g., fiscal year end and other surge periods). Strong note taking and record keeping will prove valuable. Strong problem solving skills; grace under pressure; and active listening are valued by customers and coworkers.
Interface directly with customers and coworkers in support of sales to the House of Representatives. Successful performance requires candidate to perform accurate and timely data entry, organize and maintain filing systems (both electronic and paper), maintain record of important calls and track necessary follow-up as required, perform market research, perform office visits on Capitol Hill, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate may be required to develop a wide range of PowerPoint presentations and other materials for meetings and presentation. Candidate must be able to demonstrate diplomacy and calmness under pressure and should demonstrate strong ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in schedule and requests.
- Proficient in the full Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create and process sales quotes, orders, and fulfillment paperwork.
- Must be able to take both written and verbal instruction, keep track of all tasks and assignments, and work well as a team member.
- Self-starter who can adapt to different technologies.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage without direct supervision for extended periods of time.
- Ability to capture accurate and complete sales-related activity in CRM system.
- Ability to cooperate with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Capable of working autonomously and liaise professionally with clients.
- Keen eye for detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Experience navigating the House of Representatives campus in Washington, D.C.
- Knowledge of PC/Apple hardware and software terminology.
- Business savvy with an interest in the tech sector.
Sales Operations Clerk Responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring and reporting of outstanding AR to minimize payment bottlenecks.
- Collaborating with relevant parties to create budget.
- Overseeing money handling, accounting and bank processes.
- Employing strategies to ensure company’s growth.
- Employing means to control company costs.
- Generating financial reports.
- Effecting better business practices.
- Managing marketing initiatives.
- Maximizing operating potential to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals.
- Building, implementing, and ongoing monitoring of processes based on our business goals.
- Measuring the efficiency of systems and procedures.
- Take into account the needs of external and internal stakeholders and incorporate them into new strategic plans.
- The ability to interpret financial data and allocate budgets.
Usually requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience OR additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to master our portfolio of solutions and customer requirements.
- Prepare proposals and quotations using Microsoft Office and related solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to update and maintain sales pipeline; and demonstrated accountability and follow up skills.
- Experience with translating customer needs into office hardware investments above U.S. House of Representatives minimum specifications is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be able to help handle complex customer problems through leveraging prior experience and in-depth analysis of the issue.
- Must be able to independently engage stakeholders for input and sign-off on proposed solutions and independently deploy and follow through.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.