Leidos is seeking a talented DevSecOps Engineer SME to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The DevSecOps Engineer will gather requirements and design, codify, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to deploy and run those solutions.
- Develop, document, and implement CI/CD strategy for management of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) baseline
- Develop and document shared infrastructure component management strategy to provide consistent standardized container, OS, and application baselines for infrastructure components available through self-service
- Identify requirements, develop, document, and implement branching strategy to support change management requirements while automating as much of the deployment process as practical in the (IaC) CI/CD pipeline.ie. Selenium, Prometheus or Cucumber or various DevSecOps functioning to include system debugging
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and deliverables
- The candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in cybersecurity
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Extensive experience in design and automation of security tools and processes.
- Extensive experience in development, APIs, and scripting language support
- Experience implementing and maintaining services in a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / undercloud scalability
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience with data administration automating management of large (multi PB) S3 storage pools
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Authoring SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Working knowledge of Java
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.