Experienced System Administrator working as a member of an integrated deployable team providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of Information Systems Servers and end user clients at JDAT in-garrison and in CONUS/OCONUS environments.
- Supports the system engineering life-cycle for a broad range of system components, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, and implementation.
- Performs needs assessments, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current system capabilities.
- Familiar with Eglin AFB specific tools such as Remedy, ENDR, DRA, and NETIQ.
- Familiar with DISA requirements and Secure Host Baseline for clients and servers.
- Monitors and controls the daily operation of Servers and client systems within four Windows domains (e.g., Developmental-U, Developmental-S, NIPR, and SIPR). Tasks can include Active Directory, GPO, WSUS, and WDS.
- Schedules and runs scans such as ACAS and SCAP; plans/implements WSUS updates, 3rd party security patches; creates configurations within a Hyper-V environment.
- Schedules, plans and oversees updates, security patches and new configurations within a hybrid virtual/physical IT environment.
- Manages user and computer authentication, access control, disaster recovery, data processing, and data storage.
- Remediates hardware outages, system outages, and issues that could lead to an outage.
- Interacts with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
Bachelor’s/5 years related experience, or Associate/7 years related experience
- Current certifications meeting IAT-2 with current Security+ CE
- Ability to complete computing environment training within 6 months of assignment (e.g., MCSA Win 10)
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
- Experience with virtualization software and services
- Experience with Windows 2016 or higher domains
- Current certifications meeting IAT-3
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.