Master Scheduler Huntsville, AL/Remote
Leidos is seeking a Master Scheduler with expertise for the development and management of the integrated master schedule for the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. The Government requires a Master Scheduler to create, modify, maintain, and retire project schedules and related data. The Integrated Master Scheduler will prepare and coordinate the modeling and re-engineering of the Integrated Master Schedule for new or existing projects and support the integration of the Integrated Master Plan/WBS into the Integrated Master
The IMS serves to report on current program and project status as well as scheduling pending work activities based on resource availability analysis. All schedules (containing milestones, tasks, task durations, dependencies, and resources assigned) required throughout the contract must be contained in the IMS. Schedules should be broken down into individual projects with related information (recent accomplishments, pending accomplishments, risks, issues, category headlines) and kept current in the ACE-IT Project Portfolio Dashboard. This role can be based in Huntsville, AL or 100% remote from a home office.
- Work under the technical direction of the Senior Project Manager. As directed by the program team, the scheduler will be responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the IMS and related artifacts in compliance with best practices in support of program execution.
- Generate and maintain the IMS through coordination and collaboration across the program. The candidate will integrate and maintain a large number of individual schedules into one IMS. The IMS will include dependencies and resource loading for the program.
- Provides program and project scheduling and controls as project management support on various complex projects. The position requires exceptional organizational and multitasking skills and ability to coordinate with multiple project teams.
- Initiate and lead sessions with senior leadership, stakeholders, and project teams to elicit schedule input, and support monitoring/tracking.
- Utilize systems including Project Server to design, support and execute analysis and reporting against schedule performance. Candidate will perform analytics in support of schedule reporting, such as “at risk” projects and resource management. The analysis and reporting will be performed both at the program level and the individual project level.
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms, developing baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements, and monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6+ years of professional experience.
- Qualified candidates must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Project Server for developing and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and individual project schedules.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to design and prepare reports and briefings for executive and management teams
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with:
- Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) architecture
- Internal/External dependency modeling
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Margin/Float management
- Resource loading/management
- Schedule Execution Metrics
- Baseline Change Control
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP)
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining IMS schedules.
- Conversant in EVM principles; experience using EVM a plus.
- Understanding of cost and schedule integration
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity integration
- Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA)/Analysis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.