The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Full Stack Java Software Developers with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) Interface and Support Processes division within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle of a mission critical product including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support all aspects of software development (designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining products).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using Agile SCRUM methodology and SAFe to deliver features that enhance system capabilities and facilitate CBP’s mission.
- Translate customer needs into user stories and deliver working capabilities at the conclusion of each sprint.
- Mentor other software developers on product team to enhance their skills.
- Participate and/or lead sprint demonstrations and facilitate implementation of agreed upon ideas identified at retrospectives.
- Work with others on product teams to develop solutions to hard problems that are impeding progress.
- Effectively communicate technical challenges, options considered, and the recommended solution to senior leaders both within Leidos and CBP.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related field with a minimum of 12-years of relevant experience or 10-13 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a CBP BI public trust clearance.
- Experience with one or more of the following system-to-system interfaces: Web Services both SOAP and REST, IBM MQ, Kafka, JS/FTP
- Experience with DevOps frameworks and proficiency using the following common DevOps tools at a minimum: Confluence & Jira, GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Demonstrated experience working with other developers to jointly design and implement solutions to challenging problems impeding the progress of the product team.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating changes in processes to improve team efficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
- Active CBP BI
- Experience as a software developer supporting one or more products within CBP PSPD
- Familiarity with and prior use of test automation, e.g., Selenium, Citrus
- Experience as a developer within the AWS environment is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases in particular MarkLogic is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.