Leidos is looking for a Systems Administrator for a position in Reston, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Systems Administrator shall work closely with development and system engineer personnel to document, coordinate and communicate releases; however, priorities will be managed by the project manager. The Systems Administrator shall provide support for deployments and configuration that will require, but is not limited to, working with development, system engineering, ISSE and ISSO's and management personnel to ensure deployments are well documented, informed, and deployments meet SECDEVOPS standards. Systems Administrator shall work with test team, if available, or developers to ensure regression and performance testing is performed after each deployment. Systems Administrator shall also provide configuration support for connections in STS until the process can be automated.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated systems experience in activities such as security access analysis, design, load optimization, and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in system enhancements – reducing operating time, improving efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing server loads and developing tuning recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical tasks such as: software installs, updates, backup and restore practices, O&M activities etc.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring, diagnosing and resolving complex system and network problems.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of technical security safeguards and operational security measures.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.