Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Production Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Provide onsite production support for subcontractor, act as manufacturing liaison between Leidos engineering and production facility.
- Support engineering tasks for lead manufacturing liaison, which includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Mechanical design, drafting, and review
- Create/Review formal documentation of issues & track solutions
- Hardware manufacturing, outsourcing and, procurement
- Design review for manufacturability
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Development of procedures and work instructions
- Configuration management
- Project scheduling and tasking
- Program management support
- Data collection and analysis
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, schedule, and quality objective
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or, Industrial Engineering and minimum two (2) years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Diverse engineering experience working in an agile (quick reaction) environment
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software preferably SolidWorks
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge
- Experience designing structural components, machinery, and sheet metal products.
- Experience with low-volume/custom design and manufacturing.
- Experience with production planning, creating Bills of Material and, reviewing manufacturing discrepancies.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to address manufacturing issues from internal and external sources
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- ISO9001, AS9100, Six Sigma or, similar quality management system experience.
- Aircraft structures experience
- Active Secret clearance
- Proficiency in Solidworks PDM
- Strong composite manufacturing knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.