Are you looking for change and to grow with a company?
Our Arlington, VA-based Advanced Analytics branch of the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for you then. Be our next Research Software Engineer where you will get to use your experience helping grow our LInC Advanced Analytics portfolio of contract and internal R&D projects, operational analytics prototypes, and operational machine learning systems in Arlington, VA. Broad focus will extend across the research, development, integration, and operationalization of machine learning services.
Fun roles you will be providing on this job:
• Provide software engineering support to analytics portfolio projects ranging from internal and contract R&D to advanced system development across the Leidos enterprise. Deliver cutting edge machine learning solutions for these respective programs.
• Conduct research spikes for analytical prototype development; create and execute plan to operationalize prototype with robust metrics-based assessment.
• Collaborate across R&D and mission focused operational stakeholders on research project framing and solution development.
• As required, provide software systems engineering support to task decomposition for our internal and contract R&D and prototype projects in partnership with Principal Investigators.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline with 3 years software engineering experience with Python
• Linux and Windows computing environment experience
• Experience with cloud based architectures and container orchestration
• Experience developing, assessing, and operationalizing machine learning analytics services
• Experience with big data applications, to include SQL and Elasticsearch
• Collaboration experience with information analytics research teams
• Current Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
You will wow us if you have these skills:
• Experience and domain knowledge related to data fusion processing
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience extending prototypes to production
• Solution and proposal development experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.