The job of the Mid-Level Hydrographer is to collect and marine hydrographic survey data and perform data processing. Field work may include time on board survey vessels as part of a 3-12 member survey crew working offshore of the Continental U.S. for 3-6 weeks at a time (for potentially up to 6 months per year), or near-shore day operations. Data processing of hydrographic data may take place on board survey vessels, in shore-based temporary offices, or at the Newport, RI Leidos facility.
-Survey systems may include multibeam and single beam depth sounders, side scan sonar, Global Positioning System (GPS), sound velocity profilers, bottom samplers, survey data acquisition software, data analysis and data processing software.
-Candidate will perform data processing, prepare survey systems for the next field season, and other tasks as directed in an office environment when not at sea.
-Data processing may be performed on data collected by Leidos, or data collected by various customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis on Marine Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or Ocean Engineering preferred.
- Candidate with 4+ years of related hydrographic survey experience which should include:
- Experience related to the following areas: maintenance and operation of underwater survey sensors, multibeam and single beam depth sounders, side scan sonar, GPS, sound velocity profilers, bottom samplers, survey data acquisition software, data analysis and data processing software.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- GIS software capabilities.
- Experience operating, maintaining and troubleshooting survey systems and sensors.
- Hydrographer Certification a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.