The Leidos Defense group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, experienced Systems Engineer (SE) to support a new submarine acoustic test range and the existing US Navy submarine acoustic test ranges in AK, ID, and the Bahamas.
The SE will provide systems engineering services in performance of design and interface studies for future installation of a High Gain Measurement System (HGMS). The SE must be capable of independent work requiring application and knowledge of systems engineering in a maritime environment in two or more of the following:
- CONOPS/Use Case Development
- Experience with requirements development, traceability, and verification
- Engineering design and development support, data collection and processing tasks
- Reliability Maintainability, and Availability (RMA) assessment
- Integration of sensors, networks and/or communications systems
- Test planning
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- System Verification and Validation
- Generation of program documentation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical engineering and 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with hardware engineering development
- Experience generating DOD-type documents
- Awareness of Configuration Management principles
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with DoD production programs (US Navy and USAF)
- Preferred to have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Prefer a basic understanding of electronic and mechanical systems in a maritime environment
- At-sea deployment experience
Experience with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.