More About the Role:
The contractor supporting this position shall interpret and define policy guidelines,
develop and implement specific guidelines to meet localized requirements, and monitor programeffectiveness. The contractor shall participate in program and project planning efforts toevaluate the need for security requirements and recommend equipment, methods, procedures, and systems. The contractor supporting this position shall serve as the authorized representative for all issues related to the security, coordination, control, and distribution of special products.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Assist in executing the DOE SCI program in accordance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and DOE Orders within the Intelligence complex and serve as a DOE point of contact for queries involving all aspects of the DOE SCI Program.
- Conduct and review all Intelligence Community certification and accreditation requirements and activities for Sensitive Compartmented Information facilities (SCIFs).
- Conduct program activities for the SCI personnel, physical, AIS, Technical, COMSEC, OPSEC, Cyber Security and Information Security programs to include surveys, audits, inspections, and performance tests to ensure compliance with all security rules and regulations.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures for all SCI security program areas.
- Develop and maintain a security awareness and education program for DOE headquarters and laboratory security personnel, focusing on the requirements of the SCI program.
- Review and provide comments on DOE and Intelligence Community security directives, and work closely with both physical security personnel and technical personnel to ensure all security requirements are met.
- Represent the DOE SCI Program at internal/external meetings, working groups, and interagency committees.
- Address and complete other ad-hoc SCI program responsibilities in order to assist customer security in meeting mission goals and obligations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
-Position requires contractor to have earned an Associate Degree from an accredited university or college in a business related field; Bachelor Degree is preferred.
-The contractor shall have 4-6 years’ experience and a working knowledge in security principles, concepts, and methodologies in carrying out assignments by performing work in the following sub-disciplines with minimal direction:
- Personnel Security,
• Physical Security,
• AIS Security,
• Technical Security,
• Cyber Security, and
• Information Security
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.