Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
Are you a Software Engineer with experience finding and aligning signals across multiple modalities (image, video, audio, lidar, etc..)? Do you want to implement and customize algorithms to fusion multiple data modalities? If so we are looking for you, our next Data Fusion Engineer to work in Arlington, VA. We need you to be competent in Python and have the ability to read code in other programming languages like Java and C++ as well as have experience working with ML libraries like SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, Keras along with experience implementing solutions with those libraries on both CPU and GPU compute architectures. Like what you are reading so far? Keep going.
We want you to be intellectually adaptive, inquisitive, good at expressing your needs, and able to self-manage when necessary. Work alongside software/system engineers and research/data scientists with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems. The Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community will be the main recipients your hard work.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Use cases requiring identifying entity/objects, determining object association, object disambiguation, anomaly detection, state estimations, etc.
- Develop and maintain data models (both physical and logical)
- Get to be responsible for extraction, transform, and load (ETL) tasks related to the different modalities and algorithms being applied. This data ETL includes identifying the data’s relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy, integrity, and information assurance and security.
- Performing anomaly detection using various AI/ML techniques
- Use algorithms to identify complex patterns across multiple modalities
- Increasing the efficiency and quality data alignment and fusion
- Enhance and maintain analysis tools, including automation of current processes using AI/ML algorithms
- Conduct quantitative data analysis including developing retrieval, processing, fusion, analysis, and visualization of various datasets
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields with 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Mxnet, etc. - Ability to apply these frameworks to real problems in the ‘time -series’ domain
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning models
- Big Data Skills (Azure, Hadoop, Spark, recent deep learning platforms)
- Practical experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with text mining tools and techniques including in areas of summarization, search (e.g. ELK Stack), entity extraction, training set generation (e.g. Snorkel) and anomaly detection
- Expert software development skills lifecycle including developing and maintaining good production quality code
- Hands-on Software Development Skills (Python-Preferred)
- Experience or educational courses/projects in Machine Learning, and/or Text Mining Algorithms
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Visualizations/Web Development Skills (e.g. Tableau, D3, etc).
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Hands-on experience with automating data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transforming data human
- Hands-on experience applying data analytics
- Hands-on experience with intelligent systems and machine learning
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.