Leidos has multiple openings for Senior Software Developers to work in our Atlanta, GA in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Sets out to improve the overall functioning of customer software/solution delivery. Provides recommendations on new/improved software architecture, working within existing software and engineering hardware components that optimize certain technology. Ensures customer business needs are met and exceeded. Skillfully extract information from clients to determine the project scope and design solutions. In addition to developing applications and improving the functioning of existing software, they must also possess hardware knowledge and understand technical specifications of a broad range of software to address customer concerns. They are the key customer-facing team member and are also expected to have the soft skills that come along with customer service.
- Collaborates with project manager, product owner/business analyst, system architect, and other members of the development team on the requirement elicitation, and documentation and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment.
Work with customer to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog.
Work with development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements.
Continuously monitor, identify risks and risk mitigations
Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas.
Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on projects of varying sizes and complexity
- Coach junior team members to define the most appropriate technical solutions, adhere to Agile processes, and following software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution may not be always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- SQL Server is primary database management systems.
- Design, code, and test software
- Trouble shoot software errors and technical issues in development, QA, and production environments
- Produce relevant architectural and technical artifacts
- Supporting program manager and system architect in researching and prototyping emerging technologies
- Proficiency with web application technologies
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Strong experience with C# .Net, SQL Server, and other Microsoft development tools
- Experience in writing database stored procedures
- Knowledge of SecDevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practice and tools
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Candidates with a subset of the Qualifications below:
- Development experience with microservices and cloud migration (AWS, Azure, or Google)
- Experience with development using Java, SharePoint, and/or low code/no code platforms
- Working experience with data analytics solutions and reporting tools
- Previous experience working in CDC or other federal agencies
- Certified Scrum Master or other similar certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.