Our Company is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. We have a dynamic opportunity for a software Technical Writer and are motivated to hire!. This position provides for an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available to those wanting to build a career in Point Loma/San Diego, CA. We are seeking a TS cleared candidate with the ability to acquire a SCI.
In this role you will be working in an integrated System Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering team with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and concise
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include system operator guides, help guides, user manuals, and training guides, technical manuals, design specification documents, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system.
- Draft technical documentation templates.
- Learn the target software and project documentation process and apply your technical writing expertise.
- Interact with both professional and Navy personnel with ability to take and implement direction; work with the test, software, infrastructure, and training teams to assist in document preparation.
To be successful you will need these skills:
- Position requires US citizenship and a DoD TS security clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI; candidates without clearance can not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 to 12 years of professional experience; or 6 to 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience working with government documentation standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong technical writing skills (clear, concise, and complete manner).
- Strong grammar skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, usage).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Willing to take initiative to develop systems expertise.
- Ability to work and contribute successfully within a team structure.
- Experience working with collaboration tools such as Confluence, Jira, and Git.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).Experience with Microsoft Word Styles.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.