Are you a Data Scientist that likes to perform mission-focused data science in support of Intelligence Community customers in Washington, DC? Want to support ongoing and future programs to advance the state of the art in research and advanced machine learning, natural language processing, and data fusion applications in big data computing environments? You will be part of a team of subject matter experts and data scientists working to advance national security objectives, produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with actionable intelligence insights. Exciting right!!
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Work closely with data engineers, program managers, researchers, OSINT practitioners, and data scientists on a small team to design and optimize the exploitation of publicly available information (PAI) to produce and analyze results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations.
- Work on a variety of small projects analyzing a big data covering national security, cyber security, business intelligence, online social media, human behavior and more.
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience.
- Have a mix of intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify novel sources of data across a range of fields, to improve the performance of machine learning algorithms, and to encourage user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
- Have a strong background in cloud computing environments, research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- B.S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science; or Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree including certificate-based advanced training courses with 8+ years of experience in data science, analytics or quantitative intelligence analysis, and demonstrating progressive technical development and outcomes. If you have a Master’s degree we then only require 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
- Experience in one or more scripting or big data programming languages, such R, Java, or Python
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analysts, engineers, and developers to build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical models
- Previous experience performing research in data analytics or big data
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- A significant share of your data analytics experience in direct support of military, national security, or intelligence community customers, demonstrating progressive technical development and mission-focused outcomes
- Significant experience dealing with open source, publicly available information (PAI) data sources and types
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
- Previous experience developing predictive algorithms
- Experience supporting cyber security or network security operations
- Familiarity with social network analysis, supply chain analysis, forensic accounting, pattern of life, natural language processing, social media analysis, geospatial analysis, classification algorithms, and/or image processing
- Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
Leidos Referral Eligibile
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.